Our team is expanding quickly. We’d love your help making a difference. See what positions are available below.
The Product Relationship Associate, reporting to the Director of Product Procurement is a full-time employee who will provide support to the product donation team.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing your interest in the position, to [email protected], with the subject line: Product Relationship Associate.
This is an ideal role for someone with nonprofit experience or someone with an account management background looking to enter the nonprofit space.
The Product Relationship Associate has the main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with product donors
- Solicit and build current product donations from existing and prospective donors
- Support development and implementation of new product donor programs/initiatives
- Coordinate and measure outreach strategies that meet Delivering Good’s business goals
- Create and maintain materials including PowerPoint presentations for specific donors, upholding the ideals and standards of Delivering Good and showcasing the benefits and impact of engaging with Delivering Good
- Support and assist Director of Product Procurement on cause marketing efforts
- Collect and curate community partner feedback to present to partner brands
- Ensure donor service satisfaction and good donor relationships
- Coordinate select site visits and volunteer opportunities for product donors
- Maintain activity records including product donation entries and product donation acknowledgment letters
- Responsible to create and execute yearly product donor recognition certificate
- Support Delivering Good’s efforts nationwide as well as internationally
- Participate in all staff meetings and additional meetings as needed
- Possible travel in the US
- Passion for community service and social welfare
- 2+ years of experience in sales and customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work collaboratively in a small team environment, combined with comfort in working with senior industry executives
- Proven track record in achieving sales goals
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or CRM is highly desirable
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the fashion industry is a plus
Compensation and benefits: Salary commensurate with experience.
About Delivering Good Inc.: Delivering Good, Inc. is the charity of choice for new product donations made by hundreds of companies in the fashion, home and children’s industries. Donating new merchandise provides these companies with a simple and effective way to help people in need. Founded over 30 years ago, Delivering Good is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that unites retailers, manufacturers, foundations and individuals to support people affected by poverty and tragedy nationally and abroad. Since 1985, over $1.9 billion of apparel, accessories, shoes, home furnishings, toys, books and other useful items have been distributed through our network of community partners. The annual operating budget of Delivering Good is approximately $3.8 million.
JOB SUMMARY: Assist Development department with gift administration, database, fundraising, general research, special events and administrative tasks.
- Manage financial donor gift and acknowledgement process, including bank deposits and acknowledgment letters. This includes providing oversight for the accurate processing all gift and pledge transactions annually, which includes ensuring all pledges and gifts of Delivering Good are processed and receipted accurately, adhering to all policies and standards, and on a timely basis. Follow Donor Acknowledgment Process which will be provided to you.
- Responsible for pledge collections.
- Prepare and execute end of year direct mail appeals and email campaigns.
- Maintain campaign reporting, including board giving, disaster campaigns and other special campaigns.
- Assist the Development Director in day to day development operations.
- Update prospect and current Delivering Good financial donors information and activity in databases, currently eTapestry and Salesforce.
- Administrative support for Moves Management in Salesforce.
- Correspondence with current donors and prospects.
- Event support: maintain gift reports and guest lists for major fundraising events and assist with follow ups; assist with day-of event execution, including guest check-in and additional event support as needed.
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities for Development Department.
- Maintain Development Calendar.
- Maintain profiles on giving platforms (Donor Advised Funds, Global Giving, etc)
- Run financial queries as needed.
- Report and reconcile donations with finance department.
- Responsible for scheduling development committee meetings, travel and additional items.
- Other duties to be assigned as needed.
Opportunities for Growth
- Oversee Associate Council.
- Organize and execute employee giving programs for corporate partners.
- Experience in gift and pledge administration and processing.
- Experience with non-profit database maintenance and management, including Salesforce, highly desirable.
- Passion for community service and social welfare.
- 1-3 years experience in non-profit administrative support.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft office programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with donor stewardship.
This role reports to the Development Director.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Attractive benefits available.
About Delivering Good (formerly K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers):
Delivering Good, Inc. is the charity of choice for new product donations made by hundreds of companies in the fashion, home and children’s industries. Donating new merchandise provides these companies with a simple and effective way to help people in need. Founded over 30 years ago, Delivering Good is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that unites retailers, manufacturers, foundations and individuals to support people affected by poverty and tragedy nationally and abroad. Since 1985, over $2 billion of apparel, accessories, shoes, home furnishings, toys, books and other useful items have been distributed through our network of community partners.
Delivering Good was created from the 2014 merger of Kids in Distressed Situations and Fashion Delivers. In May 2017, the organization rebranded as “Delivering Good” to reflect focused, ongoing support for children and families facing poverty and disaster. The organization is governed by an actively engaged 38-person board of directors who are industry leaders in the apparel, juvenile products, fashion, shoe, home and related enterprises respectively. To date, two successful annual events generate a large percentage of the organization’s annual income.
To apply, please submit your resume, together with a cover letter describing your interest in the position to [email protected]vering-good.org with the subject line Development Associate.
Delivering Good is always looking for part-time Interns who can assist our New York office staff with various projects from our organization. We have internship opportunities in Development (Fundraising), Marketing and Social Media, Special Events and other areas. We are looking for bright, creative and hard-working individuals who can reach children and families living in poverty. These are not paid positions, but we are happy to work with your school to arrange for course credit. Please send your resume and cover letter, including your area(s) of interest to [email protected]