Why Donate Product
Delivering Good gives manufacturers and retailers an efficient way to use excess product to give back to help those in need. Whether you are thinking of donating merchandise to help others stricken by poverty, or disaster relief, or you just can’t find a buyer for excess product, we can help you help people in need. The donation process is simple. Submit a donation form by clicking on the Donate Product button below, and we will contact you to coordinate a pickup.
2021 Year-End Donations
We know this year has continued to see unpredictable and challenging times. In light of these difficult circumstances, your support of Delivering Good’s efforts to help those in need is all the more greatly appreciated.
As you consider the meaningful impact your contributions will have this holiday season and beyond, we kindly ask that you review the following information regarding the timing of any planned year-end donations:
Due to pandemic-related limitations and the holiday closing of our community partners, all 2021 product donations must be received by Friday, December 17, 2021 unless special arrangements have been made with the specific recipient community partners.
If you are unable to meet the December 17 in-hand deadline, we thank you in advance for holding your product donation until January 3, 2022.
From all of us at Delivering Good, and the individuals and families whose hearts and lives are so deeply touched by your support, we wish you a wonderful and safe holiday season.
Please note: If you would like your donation recognized in 2021 for tax purposes, it must be shipped in 2021.
As of August 31, 2020, Delivering Good initiated a new set of service fees to help support our charitable mission.
• First, we are asking all donors to cover the cost of shipping their donations.
• If paying for freight costs is not feasible for the donor, there are a set of modest fees, based on the services needed.
• A flat fee of $500-$1,000 per shipment, regardless of the size of the shipment, for any shipment where donors are unable to pay for freight costs.
For more information, please contact:
Product Donation Manager
Consumers Favor Companies that Give Back
- 93% of U.S. consumers have a more positive image of a company if it supports a cause
- 90% of Americans are more likely to trust and be loyal to companies that back causes
- 54% of Americans bought a product associated with a cause over the last 12 months, up 170% since 1993
Source: 2013 Cone Communications Social Impact Study
Why Donate Product
- Align your brand or company with a good cause
- Can receive tax breaks for your donations (consult your tax advisor)
- Eliminate warehousing costs for excess inventory
- Visibility among industry leaders and press
- Help your consumers feel good about purchasing your products
What To Donate
Delivering Good takes donations of only new products, but there is no limit to the size of the donations accepted; we can easily find a use for one box of samples or an entire truckload of merchandise. Our network of community partners distributes donated items quickly and directly to those in need; all of our partners are registered as tax exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
Some items are always in demand by our agency partners, including:
- Men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, shoes, socks and accessories
- Home items including sheets, towels and blankets
- Juvenile products such as cribs and strollers
Depending on a company’s corporate structure, the tax benefit of donating excess inventory can be very advantageous, while also making a difference for people in need. Section 170(e)(3) of the US Internal Revenue code permits regular (C) corporations to deduct the lower of: 1) The cost of the products plus one-half of the difference between the cost and the fair market selling price, or 2) Twice the cost
Section 170(e)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code permits “S” corporations or a partnership company to earn a straight cost deduction. Consult your tax advisor to determine what the deduction would be in your case.