Why Donate Product
Thank you for considering a product donation to Delivering Good! Delivering Good gives manufacturers and retailers an efficient way to use their excess product to help those in need. Whether you are thinking of donating merchandise to help those stricken by poverty, or to provide disaster relief, or you just can’t find a buyer for excess product, we can help you by connecting your merchandise to communities in need across the US.
The donation process is simple. Submit a donation form by clicking on the Donate Product button below, and we will contact you to coordinate a pickup.
As of August 31, 2020, Delivering Good initiated a new set of service fees to help support our charitable mission.
• First, we are asking all donors to cover the cost of shipping their donations.
• If paying for freight costs is not feasible for the donor, there are a set of modest fees, based on the services needed.
• A flat fee of $500-$1,000 per shipment, regardless of the size of the shipment, for any shipment where donors are unable to pay for freight costs.
For more information, please contact:
Product Donation Manager
Consumers Favor Companies that Give Back
- 93% of U.S. consumers have a more positive image of a company if it supports a cause
- 90% of Americans are more likely to trust and be loyal to companies that back causes
- 54% of Americans bought a product associated with a cause over the last 12 months, up 170% since 1993
Source: 2013 Cone Communications Social Impact Study
Why Donate Product
- Align your brand or company with a good cause
- Can receive tax breaks for your donations (consult your tax advisor)
- Eliminate warehousing costs for excess inventory
- Visibility among industry leaders and press
- Help your consumers feel good about purchasing your products
What To Donate
Delivering Good takes donations of only new products, but there is no limit to the size of the donations accepted; we can easily find a use for one box of samples or an entire truckload of merchandise. Our network of community partners distributes donated items quickly and directly to those in need; all of our partners are registered as tax exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
Some items are always in demand by our agency partners, including:
- Men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, shoes, socks and accessories
- Home items including sheets, towels and blankets
- Juvenile products such as cribs and strollers
Depending on a company’s corporate structure, the tax benefit of donating excess inventory can be very advantageous, while also making a difference for people in need. Section 170(e)(3) of the US Internal Revenue code permits regular (C) corporations to deduct the lower of: 1) The cost of the products plus one-half of the difference between the cost and the fair market selling price, or 2) Twice the cost
Section 170(e)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code permits “S” corporations or a partnership company to earn a straight cost deduction. Consult your tax advisor to determine what the deduction would be in your case.